Setting up the very basics in Logtrade Connect is easy. The Assisted Setup will guide you through a few steps and when finished you can start creating consignments and print labels. Below is s brief description of how to use the assisted setup.
Having said that, there's a lot of configuration that can be done in Logtrade Connect. So after having completed the initial setup, please read through the Walkthrough Topics and dive into the Setup Reference when needed.
If you want more details on how to use assisted setup, please
Let's get started!
- Open Extension Marketplace in Business Central and search for Logtrade.
- Click on Free Trial to have the app installed.
- Once the app is installed, open Assisted Setup and scroll down to, and click on "Logtrade Connect".
- Complete the Assisted Setup by following these steps:
- Enter license number, username and password that you have received from Logtrade or leave these fields blank to run in a limited demo mode. When you click Next a lot of data will be downloaded from Logtrade, so it will take some time.
- Click Next.
- Link Logtrade Carriers to your Shipping agents in Business Central. For each Shipping Agent you should also specify your company's carrier customer number.
- Click Next.
- Link Logtrade Carrier Products to your Shipping Agent Services in Business Central. For each Shipping Agent Service you can specify a default package type.
- Click Next.
- Setup a number series to use for consignments and a default goods type.
- Click Finish.
To test your configuration, search for "Consignments", click New in the Consignment List and complete your first consignment by the following these steps:
- Select Customer as "Source Type".
- Select a customer.
- Select a Shipping Agent and a Shipping Agent Service.
- Insert a Consignment Package Line and:
- Specify No. of Packages.
- Select a Package Type Code.
- Specify Weight.
- Click on "Prepare and Print" to send the consignment to Logtrade.
- Verify that the consignment has been updated with a tracking number.
Next step is to decide how you want to print labels and documents. You have two options:
- The recommended method is to activate Integrated Printing in Logtrade and install the Integrated Printer software and have that monitor your print queues in Logtrade and print on your printers. Please read this guide on how to setup and configure Integrated Printer.
- If you don't want to use Integrated Printer you can disable that setting in the Delivery Setup. The effect of this is that a pdf for labels and documents will downloaded to your computer and opened automatically in your preferred pdf reader.